The University of South Carolina Gamecocks’ Indoor Football Practice Facility has achieved LEED Silver Certification status, making it one of only three such facilities in the nation to be listed on the US Green Building Council project directory as LEED Certified, and the first in the SEC. Watson Tate Savory designed the facility in collaboration with RATIO Architects.
The 110,000 square foot facility achieved the sustainable certification through a variety of measures, some of which are:
- – The plumbing fixtures are designed to save 42% in water use.
- – The buildingwas designed to reduce energy consumption to 30% below current energy codes.
- – Nearly 85% of all waste generated during the construction process was recycled.
- – The materials used in the construction contained 55% recycled content.
- – 57% of materials used on the project were from the local area.
The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.