This project is an adaptive reuse of an existing 1939 two-storey office building which had been unoccupied for several years. The building was purchased and renovated in 2006 by architects for their own use. In addition to responding to a need for office space, it was the architects' intent to save this early modern building as an example of the "next wave" of structures worthy of consideration for local landmark status. The architects also decided to design the project for LEED certification, recycling existing resources and introducing rapidly renewable resources. Simple materials and details were utilized in response to the straightforward tectonic of the original structure. A minimalist esthetic was employed as a way to bring natural light into the space and bring clarity to the design.